Curastory was created so that video could be simpler. We were frustrated with platforms controlling our videos, so we decided to do something about it — starting with a service that allows creators to edit, monetize, and distribute their videos to all of their platform channels, 100% free. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of the video creation, monetization, and distribution process, bettering the lives of all video creators + the experience for their viewership audiences. We’re backed by the early investors of Snapchat, Cameo, and Giphy that believe in our vision for the future of video, and we are aiming to build a company that powers every video for audiences everywhere.
Join the Curastory team as we continue to evolve our product to meet the needs of our creators, brand partners, end-user audiences, and provide a much-needed change to the way video is created, monetized, and consumed forever.
Where You’ll Come In
At Curastory, we have a very strong culture of deploying products for our users with a scalable tech stack built from company coding standards and guidelines. No tech debt here. The Engineering team, specifically works on constantly evolving our tech bringing our product to higher levels.
As a Backend Engineer on Curastory’s Engineering team, you will leverage your strong programming abilities to continue to help build our video software marketplace from the ground up serving creators in editing, monetizing, and distributing their videos to all of their social video channels. As well as, our self-serving advertisement platform for video discovery, monetization, and distribution on the brand partner side. You will use your well-demonstrated communication skills to collaborate with all engineering colleagues to build products quickly across all company departments. The ideal candidate we're looking for would be someone who has a desire to work across our stack in a more full stack focused environment. If you are someone who is strong with NodeJS, proficient with React, and understand NextJS on the front end, we would love for you to apply!
This is a highly visible role, working closely with stakeholders across the company, including our Chief Executive Staff, User Experience, and Customer Success teams. You will be reporting directly to our Chief Technology Officer and will have a strong influence on the decision-making and continuous adaption of new + old development environments within our engineering tech stack.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Create our in-app drag + drop video editing and music file additions for our video creators.
- Create our multi-video checkout from video discovery and video distribution, including VAST URLs, Ads Manager APIs, and embed tracking copy code for our brand partners.
- Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality.
- Plan and lead backend testing for complex product developments.
- Provide time estimates and participate in agile development, all while tracking progress through development tickets in Trello.
- Review specifications and work with the Curastory Engineering team to implement lean methodology.
We’re Excited About You Because
- Minimum of 2+ of hands-on Software Engineering experience; preferably mobile app development + video web / mobile application experience as well.
- You have recent experience working as a Backend Software Engineer or Full Stack Software Engineer with backend focused work.
- You are able to debug issues quickly in a full-stack environment.
- You prefer working within coding guidelines. You understand going rogue + coding outside of guidelines creates incredible tech debt. That means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, and write tests.
- You are a culture fit. And we’re not just saying that. We put data where our mouth is. You are open to company culture assessments to help learn more about yourself + teammates.
- 1099-MISC contract-to-hire with competitive equity package
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision through Stride Health
- Exposure to high-growth, VC-backed tech startup
Curastory is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.